I take a look at the newely updated facebook pages manager and all it has to offer. There are some accessibility issues, the main one beeing the 4 tabs, if you will, at the bottom of the screen.
These are things that I noticed so far. I’m running an older mac book pro, mid 2009 that’s 3 years old and have 4 gigs of ram. So you might or might not notice these things below. If you want to hear these things yourself, check out the paid mavericks podcast found
It is not up yet how ever. It will, when it’s up, be the final heading on the page before the tffp vault. It might not be up right away though depending on upload capabilities of the podcaster.
- The new voices seem to be slow and almost non responsive. Even the compact voices.
- the mail folders are in reverse ABC order. I at this time cannot find a way to change this. This is after the inbox and in the accounts section, for example, jane doe’s account might more or less look like this: discussions, games, mac, tech stuff. Her folders will be from the top: tech stuff, mac, games, and discussion. I have not found a way to fix this.
- IN the inbox, the messages you want to remove, when you hit delete never actually get deleted. You come back and they are still there. Here is a screenshot of my inbox before I deleted some messages.
And here is what it looks like after I deleted some messages.
After a while they come back. Since I already showed the first one the third screen shot will look pretty much like the first.
- The interactive notifications do not as of this recording work with voice over, unless I’m missing a step. When you click them with vo shift space you are taken to the application. Control clicking, vo shift m, and vo space also does not work to reply to the facebook post, the email message, etc.
- As you can see in the following screen shot the mail threading issue which appeared to be fixed is not. This only appears on freelist and yahoo groups as far as I noticed and contacting both parties has not resulted in a fix. This to me is a critical bug as I like to organize my stuff by conversation, and it is set as such in the view menu; and show related messages is turned off. this is an intermittent issue but I thought it should be brought to your attention.
- In safari, the images alt tags read along with the text above. See this very blog post for an example, as you probably would have noticed this annoying issue.
I really hope apple considers fixing this. the more that might be able to comment on this blog post I would appreciate it as maybe there are work arounds I don’t know of yet. I’m always willing to learn and I thank you all ho have left me feed back in the past.
Any questions or comments are welcome. Thanks.